60x60

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

60x60 Dance @ the Winter Garden, NYC (11/14/08) [Spiegel/Nelson]

multiscale sweeps
Music: Laurie Spiegel
Dance: Erica Nelson



notes:
"All week I kept hearing an interesting sound in my head. I looked for something like it in recordings but didn't find it so I ended up making it myself. This is how my composing began in the first place, wanting to hear or play kinds of music I looked for but couldn't find already made." Laurie Spiegel is a composer who can never predict her own music even if she thinks she is planning it in advance. Erica Nelson is a dancing lawyer who has worked with choreographers Julio Rivera, Stephen Koplowitz and Stephanie Nelson among others. Erica is now a full-time attorney and new mother and is thrilled to have this moment to dance again. Dancers: Amanda Martin and Erica Nelson

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home